U.S. Taxes – Who Pays How Much – Infographic
- There are roughly 138 Million tax payers in the U.S. who pay over 2.5 Trillion in taxes per year.
- 92 Million of those make under $50,000 per year are taxed an average of 10-15% of their income.
- While less than 5 Million make over $200,000 a year and are taxed an average of 20-25% of their income.
- 78% of those filing taxes receive a refund which averages $2,700 dollars.
- 16.3% of Americans evade taxes each year, which amounts to $345 billion in lost revenue and is equal to 2.6% of the national GDP.
- In 1913 the tax code was 400 pages long. Today it is 70,320.
- Due to it’s complexity, the IRS estimates it will take 24.2 hours to do your tax return.
- As a result, more than 60% of tax payers pay someone else to prepare their taxes.
Share the Nicholas Von Hoffman Money quote image above on your site: