a : a regular remunerative position • got a part-time job as a waiter • she quit her job b : a specific duty, role, or function
« Back to Glossary Index
- George Orwell: Two Money CommandmentsGeorge Orwell Money Quote saying Money is seen as a religion by all, and has only one commandment for each of two worshippers - for business it is 'make more money' and for workers it is, 'stay employed' no matter the cost to your soul
- Donald Trump: Want Poor in Cabinet?Donald Trump Money Quote saying he believes that rich bankers from Goldman Sachs will do a better job on his cabinet than someone who doesn't have success making money in business
- Scott Santens: For Want of A DollarScott Santens Money Quote paraphrasing Benjamin Franklin's 'For Want of a Horseshoe Nail to illustrate how lack of basic income can destroy a life when human necessities aren't paid
- John F. Kennedy: Office Close, Pay is GoodJohn F. Kennedy Money Quote saying the perks of the job of U.S. President are significant and he appreciated them
- Harry Truman: A Recession or Depression?Harry Truman Money Quote saying it's tough to tell when tough economic times turn to terrible depression - but one way to tell is if you are still employed.