“Don’t think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money” — Voltaire
Share the Voltaire Money quote image above on your site:
Short Link to this Quote:
Voltaire is warning against believing that money can solve all of life’s problems or achieve anything you want. If you think money is the most important thing, you may end up prioritizing wealth over other important things like relationships, health, happiness or fulfillment. Voltaire is suggesting that when money becomes the sole focus, people will do anything to get more of it instead of focusing on what really matters in life.
Some examples of things people may do “everything for money” according to the Voltaire quote could include:
- Pursuing high-paying careers they don’t enjoy just for the salary.
- Working long hours in demanding jobs solely to earn more income.
- Compromising their values or ethics if it means getting paid more.
- Focusing all their energy on advancing their career instead of other priorities like family or hobbies.
- Taking risky actions just for the chance of a big financial payoff