Posts Tagged ‘Pete Hamill’
“There are 10,000 books in my library, and it will keep growing until I die. This has exasperated my daughters, amused my friends and baffled my accountant. If I had not picked up this habit in the library long ago, I would have more money in the bank today; I would not be richer” — Pete Hamill
Share the Pete Hamill Money quote image above on your site:
Short Link to this Quote:
- He has a large library of 10,000 books that continues growing as he acquires more.
- His daughters are exasperated by the large collection, perhaps because of the space it takes up or money spent on acquiring books.
- His friends find it amusing, likely because it shows his passion and dedication to reading.
- His accountant is baffled, most likely because of the money spent collecting so many books over the years that could have otherwise been saved.
- He acknowledges that if he hadn’t developed the “habit” of visiting libraries and acquiring books early on, he would have more savings now.
- However, he considers himself richer for having built such a large collection over his lifetime, even if it hasn’t made him financially richer. The books and knowledge contained within them are what truly enrich him.
Overall, the quote seems to be commenting on how one’s passions, even if they don’t make one financially wealthier, can still make one richer in other, less tangible ways like knowledge and experience.