Posts Tagged ‘mind’

Michel Montaigne: Emotional Neediness

Posted by admin on Friday, July 8, 2011

Michel Eyquem de Montaigne Money Quotation saying spiritual riches contribute to happiness and security – but have no connection to stockpiling consumer goods. Michel Eyquem de Montaigne said:
 
Poverty of goods is easily cured; poverty of the mind is irreparable Quote
 

Poverty of goods is easily cured; poverty of the mind is irreparable” — Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

 

Share </> Quote Image

Share the Michel Eyquem de Montaigne Money quote image above on your site:

 
Short Link to this Quote:

[collapse]

 

This quote from Michel Eyquem de Montaigne suggests that lacking material wealth and resources is a problem that can often be solved or remedied through work, good fortune or assistance from others.

However, having a closed, narrow or underdeveloped mind and intellect is a much deeper and permanent deficiency that is very difficult if not impossible to cure. While poverty can be temporary, true “poverty of the mind” in the form of ignorance, lack of curiosity, or unwillingness to learn and grow is a much more enduring condition from which recovery may not be achievable.

Robert Kiyosaki: Investing with Mind

Posted by admin on Friday, August 6, 2010

Robert Kiyosaki Money Quote claims that professional investors must use their analytical abilities (mind) before they judge an opportunity with their eyes.
 
If you want to become a professional you need to train your eyes to be only 5 percent and train your mind to see the other 95 percent Quote
 

“The average person is 95 percent eyes and only 5 percent mind when they invest. If you want to become a professional you need to train your eyes to be only 5 percent and train your mind to see the other 95 percent” — Robert Kiyosaki

 

Share </> Quote Image

Share the Robert Kiyosaki Money quote image above on your site:

 
Short Link to this Quote:

[collapse]

 

In this quote, businessman and author Robert Kiyosaki seems to be contrasting the approach of average investors with that of true professionals. By stating the average person is “95 percent eyes and only 5 percent mind” when investing, he implies they focus too heavily on surface-level appearances, short-term fluctuations and emotional reactions rather than deeper analytical thinking. Kiyosaki suggests professionals invert this by training their eyes to only take in 5% of available information so their mind can focus on comprehending the other 95%.

The quote conveys Kiyosaki’s view that succeeding long-term in the market requires disciplining one’s impulses and biases in order to make decisions based on rigorous research, understanding of underlying fundamentals and a dispassionate perspective. Overall, he emphasizes the importance of cultivating analytical skills over reactive tendencies for consistent investment success.

Money Quotes Daily

Money Quotes Daily