also known as equity, represents ownership interests in corporations.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Bernie Sanders: Wells Fargo Business FraudBernie Sanders Money Quote saying when Wall Street banks fraudulently open fake accounts to inflate stock prices, it is criminal behavior
- Warren Buffett: Market Rewards PatienceWarren Buffett Money Quote saying stock trading is set up to bring profit to those willing to take the long view, above those risking short-term gains in overly active trades
- Philip A. Fisher: Market Timingthink you can predict market timing accurately? I predict that you will be wrong 50% of the time - bet big on the winning times and lose small on the other half.
- Will Rogers: Stock IncreasesFunny Money Quotes: Only buying stocks that increase in value will ensure that you do well - so make certain those are the only type you buy
- Max Levchin: Apple Stock Dividend PlansEntrepreneur and investor Max Levchin appears heartbroken that Apple doesn't plan to build a costly product with it's excess cash - instead they plan a stock buyback and plan to pay dividends to stock holders