« Back to Glossary Index
- Frank Richardson: Betting to Prevent WinsFunny Money Quotes: It's a horse race with long odds your chances of winning are determined by more than your desire
- Roger Jones: Long OddsFunny Money Quotes: The monstrously long odds of winning the lottery is not something those who play it want to give serious consideration.
- Michael Lewis: Get Rich on Dumb MovesMichael Lewis Money Quote saying no need to be smart to get rich if being dumb will get the same or better results
- Orlando Winters: Lottery Win Odds 50/50Orlando Winters Money Quote saying we seem to make up our own odds when it comes to winning the lottery, even though mathematical odds are extreme, we imagine our own likelihood
- Walter Matthau on Gambling with CapitalismWalter Matthau Money Quotation saying gambling represents the element of risk that has contributed to making America great - it beat the odds and has had a long run of luck