Elizabeth Warren Money Quote saying she will fight repeal of Dodd-Frank and will not allow Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to be gutted as Trump has vowed during election fight. Elizabeth Warren said:
“If Trump and the Republican Party try to turn loose the big banks and financial institutions so they can once again gamble with our economy and bring it all crashing down, then we will fight them every step of the way
— Elizabeth Warren
Share the Elizabeth Warren Money quote image above on your site:
Short Link to this Quote:
In this quote, Elizabeth Warren is directly challenging who the Senate represents and works for. Some key points:
- She poses the question of whether the Senate works for “big pharma” companies that employ lobbyists and make large political donations.
- Or, does the Senate work for “the American people who actually sent us here” through elections.
- Warren appears to be implying the Senate is more responsive to pharmaceutical industry influence campaigns than the voters who elected Senators.
- She is calling out the industry’s lobbying and campaign contributions as a way to gain political influence and question whose interests the Senate prioritizes.
- Overall, the quote frames it as a choice – does the Senate serve big donors and lobby groups, or the American public? Warren suggests the former has more sway currently.