Archive for the ‘giving’ Category

Next Page »

John Wesley: God Entrusted You Money

Posted by admin on Sunday, January 7, 2018

John Wesley Money Quote saying if we accept that all blessings come from god, then money is among them and must be used for gods’ purposes for those in need. John Wesley said:

Do you not know that God entrusted you with that money (all above what buys necessities for your families) to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to help the stranger, the widow, the fatherless; and, indeed, as far as it will go, to relieve the wants of all mankind? How can you, how dare you, defraud the Lord, by applying it to any other purpose?
— John Wesley

Share the John Wesley Money quote image below on your blog:

God entrusted you with money beyond necessities to relieve the wants of all mankind Quote

Wendell Berry: Money in Lieu of Action

Posted by admin on Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wendell Berry Money Quote saying giving our money is seen as a replacement for giving our selves, our time and our energy toward caring about others. Wendell Berry said:

Akin to the idea that time is money is the concept, less spoken but as commonly assumed, that we may be adequately represented by money. The giving of money has thus become our characteristic virtue. But to give is not to do. The money is given in lieu of action, thought, care, time
— Wendell Berry

Share the Wendell Berry Money quote image below on your blog:

The giving of money has become characteristic virtue. Money given in lieu of action, thought, care, time Quote

Ralph Waldo Emerson: Foolish Philanthropist

Posted by admin on Saturday, November 18, 2017

Ralph Waldo Emerson Money Quote saying some begrudge the call to help the poor when they don’t know them or their community and so give reluctantly. Ralph Waldo Emerson said:

Do not tell me of my obligation to put all poor men in good situations. Are they my poor? I tell thee, thou foolish philanthropist, that I grudge the dollar, the dime, the cent, I give to such men as do not belong to me and to whom I do not belong
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share the Ralph Waldo Emerson Money quote image below on your blog:

Are they my poor? Thou Foolish Philanthropist, I grudge the dollar Quote

Victor Hugo: Purse Emptied, Heart Filled

Posted by admin on Friday, June 30, 2017

Victor Hugo Money Quote saying when we give we feel good about it and more when we give all we can afford. Victor Hugo said:

As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled
— Victor Hugo

John Wesley: God’s Money for Myself

Posted by admin on Sunday, May 21, 2017

John Wesley Money Quote saying that everything we get comes from other sources, so how much of that should be kept and what portion goes to higher purposes (God to some)? John Wesley said:

Not, how much of my money will I give to God, but, how much of God’s money will I keep for myself?
— John Wesley

Anna Jarvis: Expensive Gift Day

Posted by admin on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Anna Jarvis Money Quote saying in the 1920’s that gift-giving (like Christmas) shouldn’t be the focus of the day she promoted and protected as the ‘Mother of Mother’s Day’. Anna Jarvis said:

To have Mother’s Day the burdensome, wasteful, expensive gift day that Christmas and other special days have become, is not our pleasure. If the American people are not willing to protect Mother’s Day from the hordes of money schemers that would overwhelm it with their schemes, then we shall cease having a Mother’s Day
— Anna Jarvis

Sean Spicer: Trump Salary Philanthropy

Posted by admin on Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sean Spicer Money Quote saying Donald Trump has promised he will donate his salary $400,000 a year to charity and during Whitehouse press briefing said he’d love help from journalists help decide on charity. Sean Spicer said:

[President Trump] wants to donate [his salary] to charity and he would love your help to determine where it should go
— Sean Spicer

Warren Buffett: Spend 1%, Give 99%

Posted by admin on Thursday, February 16, 2017

Warren Buffett Money Quote saying keeping money you don’t need is of no value, so give it to those who get something from it. Warren Buffett said:

In my entire lifetime everything that I spend will be quite a bit less than 1% of everything I make. The other 99%-plus will go to others because it has no utility to me, so it’s silly for me to not transfer that utility to people who can use it. It’s doing me no good
— Warren Buffett

Next Page »
Money Quotes Daily

Money Quotes Daily